Nikki McKibbin also known as Katherine Nicole McKibbin, is an American writer, rock music singer and 2nd runners up in the debut season of American Idol Reality Television series has passed on at 42.
- McKibbin initially managed Angelfire Productions, some Karaoke prior to joining American Idol after which she left to focus on her music career.
- McKibbin first appeared in 2002 on American Idol first season coming in third.
- She signed with 19 Management and RCA records after her performances at the reality Television.
- McKibbin appeared on Christmas in a Fishbowl holiday CD in 2004 among a number of reality television stars.
- McKibbin joined Downside in 2005 a rock band based in Dallas. She went ahead to do several shows with the band including at the but she quit in the same year after personal differences with the band management.
- The same year, she appeared in a number of Reality shows including a Fear Factor episode, Kill Reality an E! Entertainment reality show, Battle of the Network Reality Stars among others.
- Towards the end of 2005, McKibbin signed a deal with Indie Label Astral Records in Australia. She released a debut album Unleashed in 2007, working with the heavy metal band Rivethead for her 2007 promotional tour.
- She recorded two hit Christmas sons in 2007 in the album American Christmas; ‘Vince Vance and Valiants’ as well as ‘Alone with The Christmas Lights’.
- In 2008 McKibbin appeared on the second season of VH1 reality show ‘celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew’ where she was under treatment for alcohol and cocaine addiction at Pasadena Recovery Center.
McKibbin was spotted with her son Tristen Langley in 2014 at the 13th season of American Idol.
On Wednesday, Craig Sadler her husband posted on Facebook that McKibbin had suffered a brain aneurysm and was taken off a life support machine on Sunday morning 1st November 2020. Tristen her son told a New York media house that Nikki McKibbin passed on in Arlington Texas.
A number of celebrities and popular shows have sent condolences messages to her family with American Idol saying “Nikki McKibbin was an incredible talent and we are deeply saddened by the news of her passing.
“She was part of our American Idol family and will be truly missed.
“Our hearts and prayers go out to her family and friends during this difficult time.”